Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Promised You a Nightmare!



So, I'm glad this happened to me and not one of my students. Luckily they all had fabulous taste and their sunflowers came out beautiful. Me, on the other hand, no so. First let me tell you that the sunflower is constructed upside down on paper, so you don't know what it will look like until it's done. OK, now I've given you the only excuse I can come up with. I'm posting a before (nightmare) and after (slightly less nightmarish) picture for your ?enjoyment? I replaced the center, added an additional ring in the center to tone down the bright blue, changed out one side of the stem, and replaced three petals. Tomorrow I'll post a few more pics from Saturday's class, along with my newest polka-dot sunflower.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, maybe. But I do think it is an improvement for the center.
    Poka-dots? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete