Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A long week

Hi friends, thanks for checking back. Well, it's been a long week already. For those of you who don't know, I live in one town and work in another so I'm constantly moving back and forth. Luckily I have sewing machines set up in both places so I can sew when I get the chance, but it's a bit complicated packing projects back and forth. Add to that two family birthdays last weekend (my husband and youngest son), and throw in mono for one son (diagnosed on Friday - still terribly sick, and over his birthday no less!) and you'll understand why I don't have much in the way of quilting to share. So, this week I don't have any pictures to post, but I do have a cool link for you - especially if you love free motion quilting. Leah has started an incredible journey, 365 days of free motion quilting fillers, so be sure to check out her blog. Each day she presents a new filler design, accompanied by a video. How cool is that? Thanks Leah, for inspiring all of us. PS. This weekend, I'm headed to McCloud to enjoy a quilting retreat put on by Cindy Needham. This will be my second retreat and if you get a chance to sign up for one, I highly recommend it. Cindy puts so much thought and care in to her retreats to make each one a special time for her "guests." Cindy is offering 4 to 5 a year, and they fill up fast. I'm already on the schedule to attend two next year and can hardly wait.

PS - Check out my pic of the "Out the Window" bird quilt below. Does anyone see anything wrong with the top and bottom borders? LOL. I didn't even notice the mistake until I looked at the pic - and where were my friends? No one pointed out the problem! Anyway, the quilt has been ditched and I'll finish quilting it this weekend. Stay tuned for a finished picture.

1 comment:

  1. I can't see anything wrong. What am I missing? Wish I was going with you...I am on my way to the Bay Area tonight...wedding tomorrow then home...I have big news to tell you when you get back from McCloud!!! Woohoo! Hope all is better soon with your boy ;) Miss you! Pam

    ReplyDelete