Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Pink Flower & A Vintage Linen Napkin

Here's a pic of a wall hanging I just finished. It started as a vintage linen napkin plus a vintage floral applique piece that I purchased off Etsy.com. While you can't see it, the back is a piece of old linen (hint: a good source of backing fabric that you can often find quite cheap, especially if it has a bad spot that you can work around). I started this wall hanging as a demo on how to use Elmer's Washable Glue in quilting at my local quilt show. I used Elmer's to glue the napkin to the background piece, then stitched the napkin in place and cut away the background piece behind the napkin. Then I glued the flower in place. Finally I started quilting and in the process stitched the applique piece in place. I marked the spine with the washable blue marker and then added the feathers as I went. The first picture shows my marking. The second picture shows the completed piece. The third picture is a little something I worked up on my phone with a kaleidoscope application. I simply selected the picture, hit the start button, and watched the picture turn into a really cool one. That's it for today. Drop me a note if you hae other ideas on how to share on incorporating vintage linen napkins into quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is beautiful! Again your quilting blows me away.

    ReplyDelete