Monday, December 14, 2009

A good sized ottoman



Each evening, my DH and I sit on the 8 foot couch and fight for foot space on the small ottoman. So, I had a vision. Why not make a huge ottoman? First I thought I'd use a child's sized mattress as a base but then remembered that I had (1) a door and (2) a king-sized memory foam, both taking up space in my garage. So, I'm half way there, right? A quick trip to Joann's for fabric and Home Depot for the legs and brackets, and I'm on my way. Now, just a bit of sweet-talking to my DH and woo-hoo! A great ottoman, 80" x 24". It's perfect for everyone sitting on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a great idea!! Love it. I want to make a headboard the same way! Are you at work this week or home dear Debbie? i want to drop off your Christmas present! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete