Thursday, December 31, 2009

Walking on water - a horrible mistake



Help! I loved this bird pattern the moment I saw it. Unfortunately I decided to use a "cloud-like" background, then thought I'd be smart and make the sky in different values, from light at the tip to darker at the bottom. Another unfortunate, I didn't put it up on a design wall first. So now, what do I have? Birds who clearly appear to be walking on water. What to do? Any suggestions? My only thoughts right now are to use a jumbo rick rack in brown, and stitch it under their feet so it looks like they are walking on something, then using regular-sized rick rack in green to make flower stems here and there, and then adding flowers to the top of the stems. Please, give me some other suggestions. On another note, my Bunny Hill Designs BOM is now fully pieced and almost ready to be quilted. I just need to prepare the backing and them I'm ready to quilt. And now, it's time to say good bye to 2009 and hello to 2010. I hope you have a safe New Year's Eve, a happy New Year's Day, and a great 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your title, I thought maybe you slipped on ice. Thankfully you didn't. Instead you made me laugh. I think this is one of those time when the "artist" only sees 1 thing and is fixated on it. I think it looks good and not like walking on water. Maybe the quilting will change the look. Verigated thread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I agree with Brandie, thread work will save the day! and a few applique clotheslines would be cute as can be! xo Pam in Chico

    ReplyDelete