Monday, January 11, 2010

Finished Quilt in 2010 - #1

Wow, I can hardly believe that it is already Jan 11th. Here's a brief overview of what I've been up to. For New Year's Eve, my DH joined me in Sacramento and we had a wonderful night out, dining at Morton's and enjoying a bit of the bubbly. New Year's Day was spent at the IMAX theater, where we saw Avatar on the BIG screen. Fabulous! The following day we drove to Reno to celebrate our wedding anniversary and spent the night at the Sienna, Reno's only boutique hotel right on the Truckee River. January 5th, was our 24th wedding anniversary, and it was the 2nd anniversary that we've spent apart. Both times, I was working out of town. Good thing we celebrated over the weekend! I finally made it home over the weekend, the first since Christmas weekend. In addition to catching up with the bookkeeping and bill paying at my DH's office, I was faced with a house that still looked like Christmas. I spent the remainder of the weekend putting things back in order.

On the quilt front, I'll be teaching a Beyond Stippling free-motion quilting class at my local quilt shop this Saturday. Then, next week I'll be going on a 4-day quilt retreat and I have high hopes to complete a number of UFO's.

As it is, I feel quite accomplished to report that I've finished finished my first quilt for 2010. I finally finished Out the Window, by Material Obsession. I need to add some small beads for the eyes and then I'll be hanging it up in my office at work.

The birds on my other bird quilt are no longer "walking on water." That's right, I set them free and am much happier for it. I had big plans on getting them repieced this week and pulled out and brought Kaffe fabrics with me to my studio, but left the birds at home. Oh well, what do you do?

I'll leave you with a few pics of Out the Window, birds set free, and my cat, Lucky. When I sort the laundry on my bed, she always tries to get in the middle of the warm clothes. This time she jumped right into the laundry basket and believe me, she did not want to move!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quiling! I love the swirls.
    Have you heard the Beatles song "Free as a Bird"?
    Happy Anniversary.
    Have a good time at class. Brandie

    ReplyDelete