Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where have I been?

Hi friends. Sorry it has been so long since I've blogged. I guess it's been a busy summer. My oldest son graduated from college and we just moved him down to Santa Barbara for grad school. My youngest is still in the Navy. I haven't seen him since Easter (I'm so glad I flew out to see him then), and won't see him until Christmas or New Years. My hubby and I got in a week vacation to Reno, a weekend get-away to San Francisco, and are now on the countdown for Cabo San Lucas.

Here's a picture of me from our San Francisco trip, performing indoor skydiving:



I haven't been doing much teaching lately and have been enjoying the break. I did have one class on the schedule in Paradise, but only had 1 sign-up so it was cancelled. On the plus side, I have a group of women who have me scheduled for a private class so that should be fun!

I'm trying to get up to speed with my Tin Lizzie and have just ordered a good selection of colors of Glide thread. I am also considering getting a Towa gauge. Does anyone have experience with them that would like to give me an opinion? As far as the Glide thread goes, I love it. It has a sheen like the Rainbow threads, and is very well priced.

Yesterday I got together with my small quilt group, Material Girls. I had a good day. I sewed handles on a bunch of little baskets, which was a pain because the baskets are little and it's hard to sew around the rim. I also got bindings sewed to three wall hangings (I still have to do the hand stitching), I laid out quilt blocks on the design wall and have them organized to piece together for a quilt called Pave the Way, I bought more fabric and got it cut for another Pave the Way, and pieced together three small mug runs. Not bad for a days work.

My big project now is to get the binding on the quilt I have entered into the local quilt show. The binding as been sewn on, so again - more handwork. It's pretty big, 92" x 96" so it's going to take awhile.

OK, that's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie and Happy Birthday tomorrow! Glad you are blogging...xo Pam

    ReplyDelete