Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm Back!


Hi friends - I hope all has been well with you. I didn't intend to take a break from blogging, but things just seemed to get in my way. First, I participated in the Wildflower bicycle ride, then I started making cute little things like Maggies (by Lazy Girl Designs) and Little Wallets (by Valori Wells) and checkbook covers (by Crazy Mom Quilts) and I just couldn't stop. You see, I'm one of those who thinks it's just as easy to make 12 of something as it is to make 1, so my pile of sewing projects just continues to grow and grow. I did make good progress and will try to post a pic next week of my crafts.

I'm also back to quilting and have the polka dot sunflower well on its way to completion. I'll be happy to have it finished because I'm scheduled to teach another class the Saturday after next and every time I teach the class, I make a sunflower. Also, I've been spending time looking over MQResource. I encourage you to check it out. It's filled with tons of information for anyone who machine quilts. I especially enjoy looking at the finished quilts. It's like going to a new quilt show every day. Oh, and did I mention that I've now taken 3 classes online through MQResource? Quilt Whisperer by Carla Barrett, Feather Boot Camp by Suzanne Early, and Wholecloth Execution and Design by Adam Chenevert. I can't say enough about how great these classes are and you'd be surprised by how well it works via the internet.

Well, that's about it for now. My hubby and I are off to San Francisco tomorrow, then to Sacramento on Saturday afternoon/evening so we can watch Stage 1 of the Amgen Tour on Sunday. Have a great weekend and I'll touch base again next week.

3 comments:

  1. It's the sycamore trees that you are probably bothering you. I live across from Chico High under a huge sycamore and the fiber things from the balls on the tree are murderous. I have to don full body armor to go out into the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. Missed you.
    You lucky girl, a class with Adam!? I thought he disappered again. Tell me more please.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sunflower is looking delightful Debbie! I sewed today at Honey Run with the small group gals, and finished a bunch of kaffe snowball blocks....so cute! and of course I purchased fabric of a certain Anna Maria Horner in voile...omgoodness it is wonderful. I'd say as wonderful as Liberty of London. Truly. HOpe to see you soon, glad you had some family fun...xo Pam

    ReplyDelete