Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Machine Quilting Tip #2


One thing I love is the look of curved crosshatching and I've always had my eye out for just the right tool. Well, I've found it and its DeLoa's Boomerang rulers! She has three different boomerangs that have different curves depending on how curvy you want your crosshatching to be, based on 12", 15", and 20" circles. The rulers have increments of 1/4" up to 1 1/4" so you can have a choice of how far apart you want your lines. They also have the increments from the concave as well as convex curves for easier handling. These rulers are intended for long-arm quilters and are made of Plexiglass so they are a bit more expensive than your regular stencil. However, they work great. I just used mine to mark cross-hatching on the baskets of my Bunny Hills BOM. Deloa has a free instructional video on her website... check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment